Trex Protect Extends the Life of Your Deck
Today’s high-performance composite deck boards, like those of Trex, are warranted to last 25 years. But, research shows that the deck substructure can begin to spilt, rot and decay in as little as 8-10 years.
To protect an average size deck measuring 3.5m x 7.5m will require approximately 5 rolls of Trex Protect Joist Tape and one roll of Trex Protect Bearer Tape. For less than a $120 investment, your timber substructure can last as long as the decking it supports.
To find out exactly how much Trex Protect Joist and Bearer Tape your project requires, use our Materials Estimator.
Trex Protect Prevents Moisture Penetration
- Protects the top of the joist, rim joist, and ledger board from developing rot and timber decay
- Helps deck screws hold longer and stronger
- Acts as a barrier between timber and galvanized metal such as joist hangers
- Seals deck fasteners and prevents moisture penetration
- Provides a non-skid surface making it safer during installation
Trex Protect Guards Against Rot and Timber Decay
Trex Protect Joist Tape and Bearer Tape seals deck fasteners and helps deck screws hold longer and stronger by preventing moisture penetration.